Before I joined Keller Williams about five years ago I had some preconceptions about the company. Like many others, I’d heard it was less a traditional real estate brokerage and more about recruiting agents for your downline. What I’ve learned since then is that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, most KW agents I know don’t spend any time recruiting and have no “downline”. They’re there for other more important reasons.
I joined Keller Williams to learn how to build a team the right way. I’d be happy to share those experiences with you if you’re interested, but recruiting was never even a consideration for me. In fact, I figured no-one likes any agent calling and telling them how great their company is so I just didn’t do it. But one day a couple of years ago, I had an epiphany.
Our Allen, Texas team leader asked why I’d never bothered to recruit agents. I shared my thoughts why and he made a profound statement … “Why wouldn’t you want to share the Keller Williams experience if you believe in it? All you’re doing is offering them an opportunity”. I decided that day he was exactly right. They can decide what to do with the information.
KW isn’t just a powerhouse company, it’s a culture of sharing, giving, and helping each other achieve their goals. We’re competitors but we’re also friends and it feels like family. Here are some interesting facts about the company.
Did you know unlike most brokerages, the agents themselves own Keller Williams? Did you know KW corporate spends zero dollars on marketing every year? Instead, they pour their money into new technology. We consider ourselves as much a technology as a real estate company and that’s giving us an advantage over our competitors.
Take a look at some of the accolades Keller Williams has earned …
- KW is now the largest real estate sales force in the world
- KW is #1 in both sales volume and units sold in the United States
- KW has paid out over $1 billion in profit share to their agents
- $200,805,851 in owner profits in 2017
- $8,223,326,119 in agent income in 2017
- We have more offices than any other real estate company in the world (per REAL Trends and The Wall Street Journal)
- We’re the #1 training company in the world and that includes all industries (per Training Magazine)
- We’re the #1 happiest place to work in America (per Forbes)
- We’re the #13 top place to work in America (per Business Insider)
- Our Keller Williams culture is taught at Stanford and Harvard
If you’re happy with your current brokerage, great. But you might believe there’s a bigger world out there for you.
Maybe, like some of our veteran agents, you enjoy the challenge of being pushed by other highly motivated and productive agents. You might be struggling to build a team, like I was, and need some coaching. If any of these scenarios fit you, consider Keller Williams. There’s something for everyone over here.
Please give me a call if you’d like to explore the opportunities with KW. My cell phone is 214-850-1519 or you can email me at [email protected]